WORKAROUND 1 - Installs App World 220.127.116.11
PRO: Newer version of App World
CON: A bit more work to install; limited apps available for download
- Download the following .Zip File : appworld_1.1.zip
- Open the file with your favourite zip program and navigate to the appworld_1.1 folder
- Copy the files net_rim_bb_appworld.cod, net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod and JavaLoader.exe to the following folder depending on your Windows OS:
In Windows Vista “C:\Users\(Your User)
In Windows XP “C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User)
- Start CMD (Windows Key + R and then type CMD)
- Plug-in your BlackBerry
- Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod
- Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld.cod
- Reboot your Blackberry to be on the safe side.
- This would have installed Blackberry App World 18.104.22.168 on your Blackberry. It's not the latest but should be enough to tide you over until your country is supported by RIM.
WORKAROUND 2 - Installs 22.214.171.124
PRO: More apps available for download
CON: Some apps a bit unstable; Can't upgrade to latest version of App World
- This workaround is much easier than option 1, especially if you are wondering what all this CMD this is about.
- Launch the Browser on your Blackberry
- Navigate to the following site (type it in full): http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/awclient/download.shtml?code=appworld&CPID=REFERFRIEND
- This will install Blackberry App World 126.96.36.199. It's outdated but still works. Unfortunately, you won't be able to upgrade to the latest version using this workaround eventhough it prompts you when you launch the app.
Please visit this forum post for the lastest on this topic, including installing App World on the Bold 9700 (Bold2): Appworld on ANY Country!!
Also, thanks to Blogjer for mirroring the appworld_1.1 file above.