Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Ok, everyone is going gaga over StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty, which will be released today. But other than being a classic RTS, does anyone still remember what is it all about? It has been 12 long years since the original was released after all!
Well, rest your grey matter, 'cos the good folks at IGN have summed it all up for you... well, kinda...
Now go get StarCraft 2 and get your Zergling rush on!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Here's how you get it to work:
- Go to YouTube.com (duh...)
- The Easter Egg doesn't work on all videos, so just try your luck with a video from the Most Popular section at the bottom of the page. Or just click on this link; or double click the embedded video below to launch it in a new window)
- If the video has annotations, the Easter Egg won't work, so choose another one.
- Pause the video
- Press the left arrow button on your keyboard for a couple of seconds.
- If the Easter Egg works in the video you selected, you should see the Snake and "food" appear!
With this, YouTube is now even a bigger time-waster than it was before! Enjoy!
Friday, July 23, 2010
I don't recall a single Spidey game that's really engaged me since the ancient Questprobe Featuring Spider-Man on the Apple II! (Yes, I am that old...) The last game that featured Spidey-related game that I liked was Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but Webhead was just one of the many characters in there and it didn't really feel like a Spidey game.
Well, looking at the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions trailer that was released at the San Diego Comic Con (SSDC 10), this all should change on September 7th, 2010!
In a nutshell, the Shattered Dimensions will feature 4 different Wall-crawlers from different universes:
- Amazing - Your standard friendly-neighborhood web-slinging Red & Blue
- Noir - A 1930's version which plays mostly in the shadows, taking a cue from Batman Arkham Asylum perhaps?
- 2099 - Future Spidey who flies through the air with the greatest of ease
- Ultimate - My favourite - Black Symbiote Spidey! I always loved the black suit! Too bad it's like an evil and psycho ex-girlfriend in the comic book...
I'm really looking forward to this one! Let's hope it lives up to it's promise!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Well, now your Mii can have them too!
First of all, you will need to extract your Mii and load it into MyAvatarEditor. If you don't know how to do this yet, please see my previous post on How to Extract, Edit & Upload Mii characters for Nintendo Wii.
To change the colour of the Mii's pants, you will need to edit the Avatar ID value. Change the value to something within the ranges below to change the pants color.
Black Pants (Normal Mii)
20-00-00-00 to 3F-FF-FF-FF
Gold Pants (Special Mii)
00-00-00-00 to 1F-FF-FF-FF
Blue Pants (Foreign Mii)
C0-00-00-00 to DF-FF-FF-FF
Here's out... But I'm going to assume that you already have a modded Wii, with the Homebrew Channel on it. If your Wii isn't modded yet, I recommend that you read the WiiBrew FAQ to fully understand the implications before proceeding.
All modded and ready to go? Good!
First thing you'll need is to extract the Mii from your Wii. You can do that by using Waninkoko's Mii Extractor. This app will extract all the Miis (as .mii files) on your Wii to a MII folder on your SD Card.
Next, fire up your web browser and visit this website: http://www.myavatareditor.com/.
It's a really great online editor (offline too if you want to use it via Adobe Air) that allows you to load, modify and save your Mii avatars. It can also do 2 really nifty things that your normal Wii Mii Channel creator can't do:
1. Save your Mii as a JPG or PNG file so you can share it with the world!
2. Change your Mii's pants to a nice shiny Gold.
Now that you have edited your Mii more to your liking, you can now upload it back to your Wii.
You will first need to save it using MyAvatarEditor. Save the file as a .mii file extension to your SD card. Next, download and run Mii Installer on your Wii. This app will install Mii characters in the MII folder on the SD card to your Wii.
Now you can share your Mii with all your friends! Be prepared for smart remarks though... Someone already has told me that my Mii has got too much hair... =p
Monday, July 5, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010