Here's how you get it to work:
- Go to YouTube.com (duh...)
- The Easter Egg doesn't work on all videos, so just try your luck with a video from the Most Popular section at the bottom of the page. Or just click on this link; or double click the embedded video below to launch it in a new window)
- If the video has annotations, the Easter Egg won't work, so choose another one.
- Pause the video
- Press the left arrow button on your keyboard for a couple of seconds.
- If the Easter Egg works in the video you selected, you should see the Snake and "food" appear!
With this, YouTube is now even a bigger time-waster than it was before! Enjoy!